Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I paid off negative equality on a car girlfriend at a local

Customer Question

I paid off negative equality on a car for my girlfriend at a local NC car dealership. Thinking that we were building a lasting relationship. (yep dump,dump) Anyway she took off a few weeks ago. I bought her a new car, thank god it was in my name only. Not able to afford two vehicles I took both cars to car max and had them appraised. One car had negative equality on it. I asked if I could use my credit card to pay off the difference and was told that, that was illegal. So my question is, is that illegal and can I dispute the charges on my credit card from the other dealership?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

I am not sure why they told you it was illegal. What law did they say it violated?

Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

Are you online with me?