Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I have the exact opposite problem as your prior customer. I

Customer Question

Customer: Hi - I have the exact opposite problem as your prior customer. I am in a dispute with my matrimonial lawyer. She agreed to give me a "credit dependant on a certain date" not amount - as in I am wiping the debt for the last month clean but I will have to charge you for the remainder of the trial (because I got that bad of a deal). Now she is stating that it was a credit based on an amount only - and has gone back and added in five charges totally 10,000 that were not on the prior bill indicating my credit. And yet wants me to agree to the same amount - when those dates were part of the "wipe out dates", a bit confusing but I hope you can follow. What language can I put on my checks to protect myself when she is signing without prejudice?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Is the second paragraph enough ? Not sure what else to tell you. She basically added in charges on a prior bill that were not there, which should have been part of the credit she gave me. She is disputing it saying it was "amount" based
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Consumer Protection Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I can wait yes... but I am hoping that they can be of some help given your prior questioning to the other customer. I would think there must be some language I can add to protect myself. thank you.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 11 months ago.

What state is this in regards ***** *****?