Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

I had a credit card that had the wrong SSI attached to it

Customer Question

I had a credit card that had the wrong SSI attached to it not mine back in 2005 and have had 0 credit score since then, the cc card company says I'm deceased yet I still have 2 other credit cards from that company with my normal SSI #, I can't get the cc card company to change my status, what can I do?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the credit card is falsely recording your SSN and this is now causing you damage and they refuse to make the correction, then your final legal option is to sue the credit card company for damages they are causing your credit report and get the court to not only order them to make the change and correctly update your credit reporting, but also pay you for damages incurred for the time they have refused to correct the improper reporting. A local consumer protection attorney could represent you on this issue if you need to exercise the final legal option.