Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

I have information on a ternate where he works that he may

Customer Question

I have information on a ternate where he works that he may be where his vision may inhibit him from operating an automobile in safe mater the DMV says you need to pass a test of being 20/40 in one eye the man told me that he could not see the big lettering on the door so I asked him if he drove a car and he said that he did. I asked the property manager for his name so I could inform the DMV. I have not done this yet. But after what I said I was going to do . I was sent home and know they are talking a bought firing me .I thought the DMV would like to know this and let them make a diction on this man to see if he does have a safety concern for the public. I was just looking out for the public I would hate to see someone killed because I have not informed DMV yet .What shuld I do.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You need to know the person's name and date of birth in order to file a complaint to DMV. Otherwise, you would have to wait until he is driving and call the police and report him as unsafe and then it is up to the police to try to catch him driving and make the report to DMV.
As far as sending you home, if you are being fired for reporting an unsafe condition, then you would need to fight the termination in unemployment to get your benefits and seek to pursue the employer for wrongful termination for you reporting a safety violation to the employer, which is against the OSHA regulations.