Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

My rental agreement is 775.00 a month after one month he

Customer Question

my rental agreement is 775.00 a month after one month he said he made a mistake its 825.00 a month but he signed at 775.00 a month, what should i do.thank you
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

The terms written in the lease are binding. He cannot change the rent after you've signed the lease, even if he made a mistake, because $775 is the amount you agreed to pay. You cannot be required to pay more. You're not short on the rent as long as you pay the amount written in the lease and he CANNOT evict you for non-payment of rent or pay late charges. A lease is a contract, and it must be followed, especially when you had no possible way of knowing he made a mistake.

The only thing you need to do is keep paying your normal, agreed rent amount. You can, however, explain that you are not obligated to pay more due to his unilateral mistake. The contract is valid as written.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.