Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and handled many cases and trials for consumers.
11068102

I am getting calls from a federal based "Consumer Protection

Customer Question

I am getting calls from a federal based "Consumer Protection Bureau" who want to help me secure a win from Las Vegas based "American Sweepsteaks & Promotion" outfit.....
IS there such a bureau that does this?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

No, you're being scammed. Usually they are asking for money up front for taxes, a bond, etc. but it is a scam. No legitimate operation ever asks for money up front for anything.

If you go to Google and run a search for:

consumer protection bureau scam

you'll find a bunch of articles that discuss this same scam by that name and by other names as well.