LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
Experience:  Research Attorney; Private Practice; Attorney Mentor; Mediator
63726236

Winter. Is Smart Business Pros LLC a scam. I bought 2500

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** Winter. Is Smart Business Pros LLC a scam . I bought 2500 leads and they said they would do all the selling for me between Feb 2015 to etc. and I would receive a profit from these accounts. Their web site that I received is shut down in June and I have not received any money or herd from them
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Leo Oshman the sales person told me at the time of the sale that I would receive a minum of 3% from sales visa/mastercard and money from the sales of all terminals. He also said that I would receive all my money back in 6 weeks in my credit card account and that I would not have pay any interest on my cards
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Consumer Protection Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  LegalGems replied 12 months ago.

The telephone service is a new feature and typically mechanics/computer professionals participate in that- it is an auto offer by the site. Most attorneys/doctors don't participate in private phone calls because it can create the impression of an attorney client relationship which is not the case here given this is a public forum and I'm only permitted to provide information versus advice; but I'd be happy to provide information on this page. This is also a more cost effective way to get the same information. Please let me know if you would like to proceed. Thanks! Also -please let me know what state this is in regards to.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Smart Business Pros LLc Warson Woods, Mo.63122
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Richard Winter, St. Cloud , Mn

Thank you ;it will be a few more minutes. Thanks for your patience.

Here is the link to MO's secretary of state:

https://bsd.sos.mo.gov/BusinessEntity/BESearch.aspx?SearchType=0

You will see that no searches come up when you type in their name, meaning that there is no license to do business in the state they claim they are headquartered in.

Also when you look at the BBB website: http://www.bbb.org/stlouis/news-events/bbb-warnings/2015/03/bbb-warning-on-smart-business-pros/

there is an alert on the business with a summary of people that paid into the company and never received anything.

If you used a credit card you can attempt to dispute the charges based on fraud.

also a complaint can be filed here:

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#crnt&panel1-1

If enough people file a complaint the government will typically investigate and possibly pursue the company.

Crime victims can deduct any losses on their taxes:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p547.pdf

Please let me know if you have other questions on the above; otherwise kindly rate positively for my customer satisfaction rating. Thank you.