Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I filled up my car on thanksgiving day from a Chevron

Customer Question

I filled up my car on thanksgiving day from a Chevron station. I dove 50 miles stopped for dinner. I went to go home and my car would not take fuel to go. The fuel pump was destroyed. I had the car towed and repaired. First, I have documentation (receipt) that shows when and where I purchased the fuel. Second, I have a written diagnosis of the problem from a repair shop with ASE certified mechanics. Third, I have a fuel sample from my tank given to me by the mechanic. Chevron has refused to reimburse me. The Department of weights and measures took a sample the Monday following Thanksgiving. Their sample passed. I want to take the gas station owner to small claims court, but it seems that I am going against a stacked deck. It seems the courts allow these retail gas stations to be above culpulbilty . I am just a victim without any rights?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  RGMacEsq replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Does the mechanic know specifically what it was about the fuel that caused the damage? And how much are you seeking?

Expert:  RGMacEsq replied 1 year ago.

I see you have not responded in some time. Did you wish to continue with this question?