Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and handled many cases and trials for consumers.
11068102

Friends car was towed out of my lot and the toe company will

Customer Question

Friends car was towed out of my lot and the toe company will not release the car to her since she isn't on registration. It's her dads car and he is in Alabama (we are in Florida).
What are our options to get her car out?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

The best thing to do is get him to do a Power of Attorney really fast and FedEx it to her. She may want to get a local lawyer there in FL to do the POA, send it to him to get notarized, and then have him send it back. That way the lawyer will put the correct language in it and the tow company can't raise a stink about it being an out of state POA or anything like that.

She may also want to get the local lawyer to write them a letter and threaten them (in a nice, legal way) and try to get them not to charge her for extra storage time while she gets these papers or jerk her around once she gets them. The letter really needs to come from a local lawyer on their letterhead so the tow company knows she has already consulted them and is serious.