Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

I was scammed by a gay from london. he said was working

Customer Question

i was scammed by a gay from london. he said was working for allen carter bank. check was deposited at the bank for me as a donation by jim mccullar, lottery winner. the name of the officer of the is harvin lopez. I was robbed 3400.00. What u may do about it?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am sorry to hear you were taken advantage of. Unfortunately, this person was likely using a fake name and was not even in London, but more likely in Ghana or Nigeria. This is called an advance fee scam. You can contact the police in the UK or the FBI Internet Computer Crime Center, http://www.ic3.gov, about the matter, but the problem is that they are likely never going to find this person as they do use fake names and identities, which is how they continue to scam innocent people like you.
You can contact the police in London and try to report him, but that is pretty much all you can do here unless they find him and then you could sue him in London for your money.