attyadvisor
attyadvisor, Lawyer
Experience:  28 years of practice consumer protection law
68197583

Is it legal gas company to delay services?

Customer Question

Is it legal for a gas company to delay services?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  attyadvisor replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question. Are these services on an existing account? Can you explain a little more?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I moved into an apartment and had to have the services started and they are making me wait a month before turningnon my gas

So you are waiting a month to actually get the gas service stared that you have already opened an account for. Where are you located in California so we can get you the assistance that you need?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am located in California. And yes i am being asked to wait till Jan 5th before they can have someone come out to turn on my gas.

Can you tell me where in California?

This is a link to file a complaint online tonight https://appsssl.cpuc.ca.gov/cpucapplication/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh sorry, i am in Los Angeles California. When i made a customer service complaint they told me that i could just use a microwave.

Really!

That is crazy. This was their companies customer service.

This is a link for all of the consumer protection agencies in California https://www.usa.gov/state-consumer/california

Unfortunately this is not unusual. They can have a waiting period for utilities, however, a complaint should get the process moving since they already have countless unhappy customers.

Thank you for using JA!

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that your may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

Thank you for using JA!

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I may receive credit for my work I would appreciate.