How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 56076
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a homeowner and we have owned our home years. We have

Customer Question

I am a homeowner and we have owned our home for 11 years. We have had air conditioning/heat pump troubles for at least the last five years. We worked with one company who did us basically no good, and then switched to another. This company made several trips to our home, and on one occasion replaced a 800 part, not including labor and Freon. After the part was in for a little over a year (right after the warranty ran out) this new part stopped working. We felt we have not been given the service we needed. It should not be part of the deal to call the air conditioner man three times a year and pay out almost what a new one would cost. We had also asked for itemized statements of work done, to no avail. A handwritten statement was finally sent. We paid all but 600 of what we owed these people and when the new part went out we were through. I sent a note out recently telling them we were not paying them the balance and gave them a time limit to respond on how they could help us. They did not respond. Can we do anything about this.? If you need a copy of the letter I sent, please let me know.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Good evening.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

You want to demand immediate repair and suggest you only pay if and only work performed. This should icentivize performance. You may also seek price discount to compensate for the delay and poor performance.

You may elect to have this come from counsel for more effect. You may also consider threat of lawsuit and complaint to the BBB concerning their conduct, which should prompt their response, especially if you suggest seeking money back which you paid.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Kindly rate me positively.