Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

What do you think our chances are of recovering money in

Customer Question

What do you think our chances are of recovering money in this case?
History:
In early 2013, we had our automobile serviced several times with Service Street automobile repair center on Dallas Hwy, Marietta. In December, 2013 - no longer trusting Service Street mechanics - we took our 1999 Q45 to our local Infiniti dealer.
The dealer found that the wrong plugs were installed & were saturated with gas, also the coils were bad. That repair totaled $1574.56.
At that time I researched and found the name of the "owner" who partners with his store managers. I could not get any information for the Service Street managers to reach the owner, Greg Sands. I did online research on Mr. Sands but only found phone numbers that lead back to the service stations. I'd leave messages with the managers, but never received a call back. At this point we gave up. Today, I searched the Service Street business name and found locations in Snellville, who have similar complaints against them on Yelp. Then I searched their Colorado stores and found the similar negative postings.
I'm fired up again and believe there's still time to file in small claims court. Please advise.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Peter Schwedock, Esq replied 1 year ago.

so sorry for your trouble . . . have you requested corporate records from your state's corporation office . . . if business is incorporated, then can only sue corporate entity, not individuals . . . however, if there was fraud, then might be able to sue individual . . . .BUT, don't think you have a fraud case . . . hope this helps you