Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years of proefessional experience
16823287

How can I get off the do not rent list. I was added this

Customer Question

How can I get off the do not rent list for cars. I was added this year for something that happened 13 years ago.Is there a time limit for complaints
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that:

(A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here;

(B) When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and

(C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours.

Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Answer will follow in the pane below as per above parameters….

ANSWER:

Since the DNR lists are private lists, there is no official way to get off of them unless you can prove that the only reason you are on one is because of

1. discrimination based on your age, gender, national origin, race or religion.

2. you are on one because of something that is not true.

Any time limit for having your name fall off the list would be governed by the policies of the people who operate the website. So, check with them first. If what is there is based on false information, you could threaten a defamation suit to see if they will remove your name. Or a discrimination suit, if that applies.