How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney representing individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I previously filed a complaint on Chase N. A. IL with

Customer Question

I previously filed a complaint on Chase N. A. IL with Comptroller of the Currency Administrator of National Banks of Cook County on early 2011. They gave me a high $ amount incorrectly and in fact the currency had no value. I ended keeping the error amount.
I believe that Chase is taking retaliatory measures by monitoring my checking account and financial transactions. I was tricked into signing some document not sure what kind of documents. Some people came to my door asking to support some candidates by signing the into the ballot document after document I signed. Thinking of people are not out to do wrong just seeing the good in people. I have a health aliment for some time now that does not allow me to be on my game.
I sent an inquiry to CAANB to see what step I should take next.
Should I do anything different?
Go to inquire to a specific resource where these documents are archived?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

Without knowing what documents you signed, it is really difficult to tell you what to do at this point.

If you were signing for a political cause, that should be a single signature on a petition paper, with lots of other signatures on it as well.

If you signed a lot of documents it may have been something else.

While you are assuming it was Chase Bank that sent you something, you have no way of knowing this - you can call and ask them, or retain a lawyer to investigate with them (but I'm not sure it is worth the expense).

Unfortunately in this circumstance - you may need to simply wait until you hear from whoever it is that you signed the documents with. This has the distinct disadvantage in that you jeopardize the 3 day cancellation policy for door to door sales, but if you don't know what you signed, or who you signed with, you were also not given a copy of the document so this protection may still apply. (See: )

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
since in your opinion it's not worth the expense there isn't any placi where all legal documents are kept? Where I will be able to inquiry? If not will the financial institution be obligated to disclose any documentation? If not any other advice?
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

Without knowing what you signed, there isn't a place to further direct you. There is no master depository for legal documents.

The only other advice I could offer you at this juncture would be to place a fraud alert on your credit:

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How would I file grade if any? How would O know? Elaborate on steps needed to be taken...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Like you stated it is difficult when one doesn't know what they signed..
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

My apologies, I had to step away from my computer earlier.

I am not sure I understand your question about filing a "grade."

If you can elaborate, I will follow up.

Unfortunately your problem is that you don't know who you spoke to or what you signed, so you don't know what entity you need to contact (if any) to follow up. This makes it very difficult to do anything at this point as the universe of potential door to door contractors is virtually unlimited. While it may be Chase (although I highly doubt it), you can always contact them and ask.