Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

My son purchased a boat from an indivual that had advertized

Customer Question

My son purchased a boat from an indivual that had advertized on Craig's list. We went to see the boat, it looked to be in good shape. The owner adsured me that there was not anything wrong with the boat. He had it serviced and winterized. My son purchaed the boat and when he put in the water to try it out, he discovered there was a hole in the motor as well as a 4 to 5 inch crack in the motor. My question, does my son have any recourse to get his money back and to return this boat?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Was the boat inspected by your son's mechanic prior to the purchase? Was it tested in the water?

Did your son receive a written warranty or representations or was the boat purchased as-is?