CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney representing individuals and businesses.
71563194

I have a letter to tell step by step and all papers that

Customer Question

I have a letter to tell step by step and all papers that will tell the reasons that I think it should be looked in to before some one else will be taken advantage of. It has to do with Dish and Direct TV and a person that is promoting them that has not turned out as he said.
He came to our door. I had never ask for any for any changes.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

I apologize, based on your post, I am unsure of your exact question.

Were you sold something door to door? (Such as a service contract?)

If so, how long ago were you sold this contract? (There is a 3 day "cooling off period" that applies to door to door sales, see: http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0176-buyers-remorse-when-ftcs-cooling-rule-may-help I must add this additional note - the 3 day rule is very narrow, it applies to situations described in the link, such as door-to-door sales, it does not apply to the vast majority of transactions (including auto sales - it does not apply to auto sales).

You can try reporting this business to your state's attorney general. Keep in mind, the AG's office will investigate the business for misconduct and potentially prosecute them for criminal or administrative penalties, but they will not directly involve themselves in your matter.

You can also file a BBB complaint - The BBB is fast, free to you, and can be effective, however, they do not have any independent enforcement authority - see: https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started

Finally, you can file a small claims complaint for fraud and breach of contract.