Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

Lucy Is there a cooling off period used RV purchase in VA

Customer Question

Hi Lucy
Is there a cooling off period for a used RV purchase in VA
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Under VA law a used or new vehicle purchase, including an RV has no right of rescission unless your contract has provided you with a right of rescission. The 3 day right of rescission, cooling off period, buyer's remorse, is something that is more of a legend and myth as many people have come to believe it applies in all contracts. The 3 day right to rescind applies only in door to door unsolicited type sales, not in all sales as commonly thought
Thus, I am sorry to say that any vehicle sale, including RV, would not have such an automatic right to rescind and you need to check the contract to see if there was such a right written into your contract.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply
I did not want to subscribe to your service on a monthly fee base
Thank you again
Pau
Thank you for your reply.
The experts never ask customers to subscribe. The experts are independent contractors on this site not site employees and sometimes the site may ask without the consent of or knowledge of the expert and despite our complaints we have no control over that.
You have not signed up for any subscription, you do not have to do so. However, you have asked a question and have agreed to leave positive feedback for the expert upon receiving your answer, since the experts are not site employees they get no credit for spending time with customers unless customers leave positive feedback. Thank you for understanding and doing so.