Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer
Experience:  18+ years of NYS litigation experience.
18321761

Yesterday 11-17-2015 I entered into a Wire Transfer to a

Customer Question

Hello, Yesterday 11-17-2015 I entered into a Wire Transfer to a coin shop in san rafael, ca.
I was told by the shop the coins were shipped yesterday on a two day delivery.
Shop owner said the coins would be in his shop thursday, friday, monday or maybe tuesday
I don't know if these coins were really shipped or not.
I'm worried that I might be involved be in a scam of some sort.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

If the shop has an actual physical location and you know where you can find them, it's unlikely that you're dealing with a scam company. Typically, scammers prey on victims from outside of their own country in order to frustrate the efforts of law enforcement. It's certainly possible that the company is less than ethical or that something could happen and you won't get your coins, but as this coin shop really exists you'd have remedies under the law that would let you get your money back.

If you don't get the coins, you could try to negotiate a refund. If the company can't prove delivery and won't return your money, you could file a consumer complaint with the Better Business Bureau and/or your state attorney general, for example or take them to small claims court.

However, if you give me the name of the business and a web address, I can see what more I can find out about the company.