Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

Is a car dealer allowed to keep deposit / downpayment even

Customer Question

Is a car dealer allowed to keep deposit / downpayment even if they voided the contract and repossessed the vehicle a few days later?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Please explain what you mean by them "voiding the contract?" What happened? Did you miss payment? Or, what happened exactly?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!