Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

Can I make payment arrangements to a facility of I used the

Customer Question

Can I make payment arrangements to a facility of I used the money the insurance company gave me?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

It's up to the creditor whether they're willing to enter payment arrangements rather than refer your case to collections or file a lawsuit against you for the full amount. Sometimes a creditor will agree to accept a lower sum now in exchange for settling the full debt, rather than accepting payments, so another option is to consider what you are able to pay and see if they'll accept that amount instead.

As a practical matter, if they sue you and you don't own any assets with significant value, they'll only be able to collect small amounts at a time, so most people will work with you if you offer to make payments.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.