Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I bought a car from a guy who gave me a bill of sale stating

Customer Question

I bought a car from a guy who gave me a bill of sale stating there was no title. This was begining of August. I since found out the car had a lien against it and now the lien holder has repoed my car so I am out a car. I paid $800 + $400 in repairs. I was told by the repo company to go to the magistrate in the county I bought the car and file charges. When I called the magistrate they told me I need a lawyer to find out what papers I need to file. What can I do?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma.

Can you verify, this is happening in NC?