Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I 't know how to find out if a company is legit or a scam. I

Customer Question

I don't know how to find out if a company is legit or a scam. I did look at their website but I can't really tell much from that. Company called from Craig's List listing about a car we have for sale. They said they can sell it right away for $2000 more than CarMax offered.
Their fee is $250 for advertising on multiple lists with the best placement but, if you say yes today, it is only $200. It sounds fishy to me but I can really find little to nothing.
It is called Seller Networks in Calabasas CA.
What do you think?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Can you please provide their website so I can take a look and see if I can match up what they have with records of an actual company?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!