Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

How can I claim and getting compensation regarding to my

Customer Question

how can I claim and getting compensation regarding to my delay shipment more than one month through expedite payment service , where it was missed until they founded
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Who delayed the shipment? Was it delayed because it was lost? Who was it lost by? Where are they located?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the delay because it was lost and finally founded after one month which I paid for expedite shipping from 1-4 days.
- Lost by FedEx shipper.
- the shipping from USA by MyUs.com through FedEx shipper to original country Kuwait
If FedEx delayed your shipment and caused you a loss because they lost your shipment, then you can sue them for losing the shipment. It is not MyUS.com's fault since they did not have control, it would be FedEx fault for losing the shipment causing you delay and thus loss as a result of the delay.
You begin by sending FedEx a letter listing the specific damages you suffered because of their losing your package causing you the delay when you paid for expedited shipping. Tell them you demand payment for those losses that were caused through their negligence in handling your package. If they refuse to do so, then you have to file suit against them in court.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks dear
actually they found the items after one month without damages, but they charges me long storage fee, at same time I lost the reputation among my customers
Thank you for your reply.
They cannot charge you a storage fee if they lost your items. Also, they are liable for any direct costs you incurred because they were negligent in handling your packages. You need to send them a letter with your reason for your demand and how much you are claiming you lost and see what they say. If they refuse, you would be able to sue them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks ***** am in Kuwait, so are there any online lawyers can do my claims and represent on my behave in court in that case ?
Thank you for your reply.
Online lawyers cannot represent you, but you can find a lawyer in the city where you need (consumer protection attorney) at the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or http://www.lexmundi.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks and appreciate your effort
Thank you very much. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless the customer leaves positive feedback. Thank you.