Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I closed a small office and cancled also the drinking water

Customer Question

I closed a small office and cancled also the drinking water company, they came and picked up their equiptment (small water cooler which was only 2 Month old, company replaced it in April) I got a bill of $ 361.88 stating $ 334.30 for removal and refurbishment.
Here is a stipulation in the contract, but it looks to me, that I only have to pay if I fail access for picking up the equiptment. Please read the stipulation and tell me.
Removal service charge: upon expiration or termination of the Rental Agreement and the Service Agreement and provided that City Water is the Lessor under the Rental Agreement, City Water shall have the right to enter upon the Customer's premises and remove the Equipment. If Customer fails to provide access to the Equipment, Customer shall be deemed to be overholding and rent shall be due and payable to City Water under the terms of the Rental Agreement and all other terms and conditions in the Rental Agreement and this Service Agreement shall continue in full force, Customer shall pay City Water a removal service charge of $ 300.00 (subject do Consumer Price Index) for each unit of Equipment removed by City Water on expiration or termination of Rental Agreement and the Service Agreement.
Do I have to pay this high amount? Please let me know!
Thank you very much!!
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

I want to make sure I understand...you want to know if they can bill you to remove the equipment?