Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

My brother died June 10, 2015. He had joint ownership on my

Customer Question

My brother died June 10, 2015. He had joint ownership on my Mother's checking and savings account. Wells Fargo has been DR-Right of Setoff all of the funds left in my brother's account and has now started on my Mother's account. They both had their accounts with Wells Fargo. How can we stop this?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about your loss and this situation. Can you please clarify:

1) Is your mother still living? If so, does she have clear mental capacity?

2) What do you mean "and has now started on my Mother's account?" Who has started what? And what are you attempting to prevent/do here?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!