Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer
Experience:  18+ years of NYS litigation experience.
18321761

I you have a legal prescription, why can't you get it

Customer Question

I you have a legal prescription, why can't you get it filled? If a patient has chronic pain and has had every test for some relief; why are you unable to receive pain medications from a pharmacy without being spoken rude to and treated like your something less than human. Who do you address this problem to?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

Did the pharmacists refuse to fill your prescription? If so, why did they tell you that they wouldn't do it.

If they did fill it for you but you felt that they did so rudely or were annoyingly suspicious, this would not rise to the level of a law suit. You have no economic damages or injuries to sue for. However, you could certainly report the pharmacist to his boss and to their corporate headquarters and report him/her as being unprofessional and having embarrassed and humiliated you. Ask that the pharmacist be sanctioned and/or fired.