Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I purchased a car from a dealer we agreed on the price and

Customer Question

i purchased a car from a dealer we agreed on the price and trade in i told the dealer i lost my glasses and would have to come back they said no problem they would read it to me as my payment book arrived i had financed 8 thousand dollars more then are agreed upon price the high book of this vehicle is 32k with my trade i was at 29,500 plus tax and title they financed me at 40, 000. dollars
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

What is your legal question for me please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
under the consumer protection act can i get them to refund the extra money they tacked on to the contract

Thank you for your follow up.

Are you legally blind?

What is your vision prescription?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no im not blind , i have to wear 2.0 reading glasses to see small print the dealership didnt feel in any of the info on the contract as far as sales price tax info dealer fee's any of that just has xxxx then a total at the bottom

Thank you for your follow up.

Did the finance agreement / purchase agreement that you have signed contain the amounts that you were given by the auto loan company?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No they just put xxx in the boxes that should contain the sales figures we agreed on the price verbally I was expecting 29500 plus sales tax for a total of 32k out the door my payment book showed up and says 40k that's 8 k more then are agreement

Thank you for your follow up.

So, the sales purchase agreement and finance agreement do not contain any amounts?