Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

I had been promised an $1600 adjustment to a bill from a

Customer Question

I had been promised an $1600 adjustment to a bill from a large kitchen remodel completed by Lowes. I have the email offer from the store manager. I have been it touch with their corporate office in NC, and they offered me $500. I declined and reiterated the $1600 adjustment, but have not heard back from them. The email was dated October 10. 2014. How can I get this resolved?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Did you contact the store manager and notified him that you accept the offer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but he told me that after I had written the Corporate Office, that it was out of his hands.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I received the offer from the store manager, he indicated I had paid just shy of $16,000 for the total project. In fact, it cost me a lot more that, but that is how much I had spent with them.

Thank you for your follow up.

Did you contact corporate office after an offer of $1600 adjustment was made to you by the store manager?

Is that is the case, why?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I wrote to the President, I had asked for a full refund because of how the project had gone. I knew that was a stretch, but I was so disgusted with how the whole thing had gone, that I escalated to the home office.

Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, any offer of compensation that was made by an email, but was not timely accepted by the consumer would generally not be legally binding and if the consumer is not happy with the compensation offer from the corporate office, then a formal complaint can be filed against the company with the Attorney General Office, local Better Business Bureau and if company has breached the contract or failed to properly perform under the contract, then a lawsuit can be filed to seek any actual damages from the company.

I wish you the best of luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?

If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.

Thank you.