Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I have a chevy equinox 2010 that has serious problems with

Customer Question

I have a chevy equinox 2010 that has serious problems with oil consumption. My GMPP policy will run out on Nov. 30th. I am not sure how to proceed so that I can have a car I can rely on before Nov. 30th. The dealer has replaced the fuel pump but I am not sure that the car is fixed and will be reliable without replacing the engine. If the engine is replaced can I have someone else do it and have the dealer pay for it because I no l onger trust the dealer. I am in the state of md. Is there an attorney near washington dc and in Md that I can talk to and possibly could help me settle this. Thanks.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Have you brought it into the dealer for repairs? What have they stated? Since oil has nothing to do with fuel pump, I do not understand how those two issues are related, what is the dealer saying? Have you considered going to another dealer or authorized mechanic?

Have you contacted the manufacturer yet regarding the oil loss?