TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

IMy home was foreclosured on 9/28/2015. And the Morage

Customer Question

IMy home was foreclosured on 9/28/2015. And the Morage company has with held the overage money for 30 days. The person who bought my home has continuely harassed me and tomorrow I have a court hearing concerning a Complaint they filed against me stating that I must pay money to live in my home. I have filed a Motion For Continuance today due to me being sick and having a doctor's appointment tomorrow which I've had for 2 months as I am also disabled.
Doespecially the person who bought my home have the right to change me money to live there until I receive the money I am owed?
Also I have not received anything from my mortgage company stating my home was sold to these people.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

Once the sale is final and the purchaser has a deed, then it is true that he can evict you. However, he cannot arbitrarily decide to charge you money. There is no lease with agreed rent. But he can evict, and that means that you could be in a situation where you need to agree on rent so he doesn't evict. Unfortunately, the fact that the mortgage company owes you money is irrelevant to the purchaser of the house. Accordingly, that fact would not allow you to stay longer.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating to close out this question (and please remember that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!