Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I have a serious problem back in January 31 2015 my property

Customer Question

I have a serious problem back in January 31 2015 my property was foreclosure my bank brought the property back in Feruary2015 I return home one evening and I was locked out of the property I hired a lawyer to investigate my case he was able to get me back into the property to get some of my belongings and the rest they throughout I hired this lawyer to help me and he told me to call him from time to time it been six mouth since I last communicated with him i though he was working on my case but he was not working on it at all what can I do
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

If you hired an Attorney to work on your case, but the Attorney is not working on your case and you still need help, then you need to demand answers from the Attorney why he is not working on your case anymore and did not bother to you. In the alternative, you can retain another Attorney to further assist you in the matter. If you were illegally locked out of your property and your belongings were thrown out, then the bank should be made to compensate you for the value of the discarded items.

You can use the following sites to find local consumer Attorneys:

Consumeradvocates.org

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com