Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed in PA & NJ, Experienced attorney.
18572087

I live in az called rv dealer in texas, said I would buy if

Customer Question

I live in az called rv dealer in texas, said I would buy if I get financing he gave me the person that does financing for him, said he would need 5,000. Depositt, igave him my card info, they called back said he was sending me paypal. Info just fill in blanks, because I am 69 years old did not know what pay pal was or how to work so after I do it pay pal sends me a copy of paperwork I never saw, that said that money was un refundable, I had not yet even talked to his credit guy! So anyway his finance did not ever call me back for over a week, l finally got him he said I did not have enough credit history, because I do not like credit so don't use very much ,, the motor home price was 135.000 with 35,000 down, so he told me he would not give me back my money back, but he kept offering the bus for sale all over the country, after taking my deposit, and advertisers it for 125.000, so he did not hold it he put it up for sale for 10,000 less, anyway l said please give me my money back he said no it was un refundable but he kept advertising it after he took my deposit, and I said I could not get financing. Hesaixgo someplace else but nobody will finance a 1999 bus, only the guy that he uses, henever told me ba ks and loan company's only 2010 to 2015. He never told me none of this stuff, I just got ripped off, can you help me??
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

I can most definitely help you here. As far as financing is concerned, unless you signed a contract stating that this amount is a "fee" for services, the 'deposit' you paid is unclear as to what it was--whether it was for a purchase, or for a fee toward your financing. Because that appears to be unclear and ambiguous, you can legitimate argue that the person engaged in 'deceptive sales practices', fraud, and a 'bait and switch' tactic if he actually tried to sell you something for a far higher price than advertised. In this case I urge you to contact the Texas Attorney General's office, and file a grievance against this individual and dealer through their 'consumer protection' division, and then file suit against him on causes of action I listed above in small claims court in Texas in the county where their business is domiciled. This is borderline financial elder abuse as well, so you have a very good case to take them to task and get back your funds.

Sincerely,

Dimitry, Esq.