Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My husband and I purchased a vacation plan with Welk and as

Customer Question

My husband and I purchased a vacation plan with Welk and as time goes by we realize we were given several false promises. Our points and plan do not start until Jan and we have tried to work with Welk for over four months to no avail. Under Missouri law, the time share company cannot make unfullfillrd promises.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

What is your question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can we get out of this contract immediately due to false advertising and because their program is not somewhere we can book out vacations or trips without calling for their help, as they have repeated over and over.

Thank you for the information.

You need to send a written notice to the company to the address designated in your contract that you are cancelling the contract effective immediately due to false promises that they have made to you and to return any deposit that you paid. You need to name ALL the false promises that they made in your notice, for your protection and record.

If the company ignores your request, then you would have to file lawsuit for return of your deposit.