Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

I'm from Texas, I purchased a 2003 freightliner commercial

Customer Question

I`m from Texas, I purchased a 2003 freightliner commercial truck with an as is no warranty, weeks after purchase we started having problems fixing this and that amounting to 4k or more went back to dealer he kept sending us to different machanics however after approx. 10k miles truck motor went out. we have continued to make payments on time to finance company also spoke with them about assistance with fixing truck they offered half 6k of a 12k repair proposal . at this point need to stop payments , how can I protect my credit are the dealer liable for selling bad truck and any cost incurred ? what to do next?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Unfortunately, if a commercial truck is sold in "as is" condition without any warranty, then, the buyer would be fully liable for any repairs and repair costs and unfortunately, there would not be any legal basis to rescind the truck finance agreement / loan and if the dealer is offering to help with the costs of the truck repair as a good will gesture, it would be a good idea to utilize that opportunity, since the dealer is not legally obligated to offer any type of assistance when it comes to repairs for a used truck that is sold in "as is" condition.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.