Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

An ex- girlfriend promised to pay me back money I spent on

Customer Question

An ex- girlfriend promised to pay me back money I spent on her using my crest card after we broke. I have all her email's were she promised to pay me back. She was going to by the trailer from me that I bought when we were together. To be bale for her to live in it when I was not down in Delaware I have to put her name on the title. She has been paying the mortgage and lot rent ( there has been a few time where I had to help her). She offered to pay me back $7000.00 and buy the trailer, but when I told her I was not going to take me name off the trailer until we had taken care of what she owed me, she threatened to not make payments on the trailer and leave me with all the debt. At time she wants me to pay her for repairs she made, which she was not asked to do and is refusing to pay me back anything because her name is ***** ***** the cards and she is mad that I won't take my name off the title. Will the emails be of any use to me in court. I have the pass seven years of emails and text messages, where I asked for help with the bills and she stated that she couldn't help me but would pay be back.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

I am sorry for this dilemma. Can you tell me, how long ago did this happen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
7 years ago and I have asked several times for her to help me. She told me that she could take the money out of her retirement , but keeps change the age when she can do this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know she does not have family to help her so I did not want to force her into doing something.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Two more questions; were you in Delaware when she made this agreement? Is your agreement in writing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She made the statement in emails and then a text message where she offered to pay me $7000.00. She was going to take a loan out to buy the trailer and get it out of my name. When I told her I was not going to take my name off it until we came to a agreement on what she owed me I was not going to take my name off the title. Thats when she refused to pay me anything back and was at one point refusing to pay on the trailer and lot rent. I have all the emails and text messages from the past several years.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

At this time what state was she in?