evanesq
evanesq, Attorney
Experience:  20 years of General Practice.
24718964

My boyfriend bought a truck from a lady for $4000.00 in

Customer Question

my boyfriend bought a truck from a lady for $4000.00 in North Carolina. within 24 hours the car had engine problems and would not run anymore. we towed the back to the lady and refused to take the truck back which is in his name and would not give the money back. we went to court and won a settlement of $5000.00. the lady has now appealed the case and its going to arbitration. what can we expect at the arbitration? how should we handle it? and can we ask for more money since we have to make a trip back to north Carolina, we live in Illinois. Can the judgment change against us?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  evanesq replied 1 year ago.

Good evening. Is this court-ordered arbitration?

Expert:  evanesq replied 1 year ago.

Perhaps you've gone to bed. Here's a website to read through regarding the North Carolina Arbitration program, which includes court-ordered arbitration of appeals. Take a look, and let me know if you have other questions: http://www.nccourts.org/Support/FAQs/FAQs.asp?Type=6.

If you have no further questions and are satisfied with this information, please rate my service to close the thread. Good luck!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is a court order arbitration
Expert:  evanesq replied 1 year ago.

Have you had a chance to look at the document I provided you?

Expert:  evanesq replied 1 year ago.

Did you have a chance to read the document I sent you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had already found this document sometime back
Expert:  evanesq replied 1 year ago.

Okay, then it explains to you what happens during arbitration, it explains that the judgment could change, and it explains what to expect. What other questions can I answer for you?