Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

An entity, incorporated in UK sells an identical item on

Customer Question

An entity, incorporated in UK sells an identical item on Amazon that I do. They claim that I am not on their supplier list, so therefore I cannot sell the item. Is that true?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Amazon has its own rules. If there is a contractual agreement between the company and their suppliers, the company can report you to Amazon that you are not authorized to sell the product and therefore would not be allowed to sell it on Amazon. This does not mean you could not sell in other places that have no such rules, like eBay, but Amazon can enforce supplier exclusivity agreements and if that is what the entity is seeking to enforce they can do so.

This being said, if the company is just complaining that you are selling the same item, Amazon would require them to prove they have an exclusive contract right to sell the product and without that Amazon should not be preventing you from selling as you have a right to sell the product like anyone else does.