Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I'm ***** *****. And my issues is regarding verizon

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, I'm ***** *****. And my issues is regarding verizon services
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well I had sign up for their Verizon Fios service thru a salesman at a Walmart store. And according to our verbal and paper agreement, I agreed for a month-to-month service. Recently I had called to cancel service due to having to move away from an abusive relationship. They said i had agreed to their 2 year contract....
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Consumer Protection Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is clearly checked off on my paperwork with the salesman. They had messed up on my order and wrote down the wrong address to be serviced and had delayed my Fios installation. There was mixed up of phone calls etc and whatever was transpired during the calls was not clear because I ONLY signed up with their month-to-month.. Now they say I cannot cancel the service because it looks like they mixed up my order and locked me in for the 2 year contract instead. They say I will have to pay cancellation fee, plus they won't let me cancel service and nor had they called me back.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.

If "it is clearly checked off on the paperwork with the salesman," then Verizon Fios cannot hold you to a 2-year contract.

You need to contact Verizon Fios and ask to speak to a Supervisor or Customer Relations Department. You need to request once more that the service be cancelled and note the date that you made the request. After that, stop making payment on future service that you did not request. If your account is sent to collections, send a dispute letter to the collections agency and request that the collections agency stop contacting you with regard to the debt. Click on the link below for sample cease and desist and dispute letters:

http://www.debt-n-credit-letters.com/Debt-Dispute/stop-calling-letter.html