Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

How do you stop autition on home in Idaho within 24 hours. I

Customer Question

how do you stop autition on home in Idaho within 24 hours. I just received information through a friend my house was being auctioned off on Monday. I have leased my home out and the bank hasn't worked with me well. I have sent papers about the trust and my husband's will numerous times. Can you help me?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

The only guaranteed way that you can stop the foreclosure sale is to have a bankruptcy filed and use the automatic stay to stop the foreclosure sale. As long as the case is filed BEFORE the sale time, the automatic stay would stop the foreclosure.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I file a bankruptcy from Utah if the property is in Idaho? Doesn't the state of Idaho have to contact the homeowner before auction oh home?
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Yes. If you file bankruptcy anywhere, the automatic stay protects all of your property.....regardless of where it is.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Idaho foreclosure law requires publication in the local newspaper and notice can be attempted at the residence, but if you're out of town, you'd likely not receive any of these notices. Here's a good link you can read about the procedure: https://www.foreclosure.com/statelaw_id.html