Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

My father is. about 5 years ago he bought a BMW. The dealer

Customer Question

my father is 69. about 5 years ago he bought a BMW. The dealer told my dad if he bought it under his company name BMW Financial would not report therefore preserving my dads credit. He agreed and bought under company name. About 2 months later the dealership called my dad and said they needed help with their sales numbers and they could take his 2 month old BMW and upgrade him also under the company my dad agreed.
This type of thing went on for the next 4 years and 30 cars. When my Dads company folded and could not make the pymts the cars were repossessed and reported against my dads credit. The finance manager called my dad and had him come in and told him he could sell him a new social security number for 3500 and he will have a new credit file. My dad did it and low and behold the finance manager and saleman at the dealership sold him 2 more cars under the newly established social security number which we later found out was a cpn number.
Do we have a civil mcase against the dea
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

Is your dad "competent"? In legal terms that basically means he understand the decisions that he makes.