Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience in various consumer protection areas
19958803

I just bought a new car and signed the contract but I just

Customer Question

I just bought a new car and signed the contract but I just realized that the quoted price was higher than it should be. Can I return the car?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

Unfortunately, if you signed the purchase contract, you are legally bound to pay for the specified vehicle identified by VIN on the contract at the agreed on price. When the contract was signed, it would have had the total purchase price you agreed to pay. If there was an issue with the price or it was higher than negotiated, the time to dispute it would have been before you signed the contract..

.

So at this point, if you signed the purchase contract, you are legally bound.

.

I am very sorry that I don’t have better news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers based on my knowledge and experience, even when I know the answer doesn’t make the customer happy...

.

.

thanks