Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

I applied service policy on my car with my dealership, wrote

Customer Question

I applied for a service policy on my car with my dealership, wrote them a check for $1218
the police was for 4 years/48000 miles.. my car is 4 years old and has 26000 miles on it.
the requirement for this police is that the vehicle have less than 60000 miles.
they accepted my application and my check on Aug, 31, 2015 and the check was deposited in their bank account on Oct 5, 2015. They tell me this application is under review
because they are telling me my car doesnt qualify for the 4yr/48000 mi policy.
they are trying to make me accept a 3yr/36000 mile policy. My question is by accepting my application and check and depositing it in the bank, does this constitute accepting my original agreement?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

They are legally bound by the agreement that they made. If they believed there could be a problem with the 4 year warranty, they needed to investigate and make a decision BEFORE they sold it to you. You paid for a 4 year/48,000 policy, and that's what they have to give you. The only exception is if they can point to language a written contract you signed which says something like "This policy is subject to review..." or gives them the right to cancel within a certain amount of time. Otherwise, they have to give you the policy you agreed to buy, or they could be liable to you for damages.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.