Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer
Experience:  18+ years of NYS litigation experience.
18321761

I was also a victim of Fraud from Alpha Lead Holdings.

Customer Question

I was also a victim of Fraud from Alpha Lead Holdings. Payment sent for services not received.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

We have had complaints about this company before. If it is the same company as the one I looked at last year, which claims to be based in Phoenix, Arizona, we believe that they are not a legitimate business.

Can you please give me a website and a snail mail location for this company? Also please tell me what they were supposed to provide for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Zoey,The company information for Alpha Lead Holdings is:8050 N 19th Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85021I was a victim of fraud from another company named Capital Marketing Pros and they "purchased leads" on my be half from Alpha Lead Holdings in the amount of $50,000.I had an account manager that I would talk with each week and the status of my "accounts" was always "pending" or "In underwriting". Nothing was ever finalized and then all websites and phone numbers for Capital Marketing Pros disappeared. The phone number I have for Alpha Lead Holdings is(###) ###-#### I called it and it is for a company based out of Orlando, Florida called Orlando Tax Master. What are my options in this matter?
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, you've been taken. This is the address that I already investigated for Alpha Lead Holdings and it doesn't check out. The company is not registered with the Arizona Secretary of state, where it should be for tax purposes. And the address for the company does not check out. You can see what's at the location yourself.

Last time I answered a question about this Alpha was dealing with a company called VMC Marketing Pros. That was supposed to be in California, although it disappeared and didn't check out either.

If you can find them you can sue them for fraud and misrepresentation and have them prosecuted, but as you can see in an out and out fraud, scammers know how to hide out in cyberspace by giving out totally false information, and this is going to be a matter for law enforcement. Only if the authorities can find out who, what or where these folks really are will you be able to bring them to justice.

You should report the scam to the Better Business Bureau, your state Attorney General and the Federal Trade Commission. You should also report this to your police and to the FBi at their Internet Crime Complaint Center at IC3.gov. I can't lie to you. The prognosis for recovering your funds is low. Internet scammers are professional thieves and they know how to use today's technology to become completely invisible. Most get completely away with their fraud.

Meanwhile, the only consolation I can give you is to talk to your accountant. Your unreimbursed losses here are going to be at least partly tax deductible, so you will get something back even in the worst case scenario. It won't be all you're entitled to, but it will be better than nothing at all.