Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I owe a judgement of $6000. I just received a writ of

Customer Question

I owe a judgement of $6000. I just received a writ of garnishment from the collection agency demanding to give them an itemized list of my assets. The only assets I have are 2 cars, one worth about $5,500 and the other worth about $1,500. Can they take my cars? I have no other assets and nothing in the bank except about $200. I am a hairdresser and run my own business.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Could you clarify?

Is this a business debt?

If so, is the business incorporated or are you running it as a sole proprietorship?

If not a business debt, are you married?

Are both cars in your name?

Do you have loans on the car?

A Writ of Garnishment should be coming from the Court. Are you just receiving a notice from the Judgment Creditor that application for Writ of Garnishment has been filed with the Court and that you should provide them with a list of your assets?