Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years experience in general legal matters.
17897874

I recently visited a salon and had a Bikini wax done and was

Customer Question

Hi I recently visited a salon and had a Bikini wax done and was burned on both sides of my bikini line.
I went to the doctor a week later ( since I was out of town) and she confirmed it was a chemical burn due to the wax on my skin and my lotion previously used. ( The wax tech did not ask me anything about my skin care regimen so I was unaware etc) the doctor then sent me to the dermatologist. When I asked the salon for at minimum a refund and to cover the cost of my two doctor visits they told me I should of came back to them not my doctor. I would like to presue a case
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

If the salon was negligent or failed to observe prescribed procedures then you can sue them for your damages.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

If your claim does not exceed $5000 you can sue in small claims court. Small claims court is designed to be user friendly so that you can present a claim without an attorney. Also, it moves much more quickly than regular court.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?