Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I have a question I have an something going on where we

Customer Question

I have a question I have an something going on where we applied for a loan they asked to get something from out student loan company and there was a typo on it and now they are saying the paper I got is fraud and I got it from them. They did not approval the loan as of yet but they I was told that I might want to get some legal advise.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  retireddebra replied 1 year ago.

Are you saying the student loan documentation was in error but the bank is blaming you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my realtor told me I should seek legal advise.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There was a typo in it because the lady at the student loan place had to type it out because they were not satisfied with what we were giving them.

Who provided the student loan?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I called the 800 number and they faxed it to me

What I meant was who gave you the student loan?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had my loan for quite a while i just got a paper for my husband that showed his payment schedule and loan forgiveness. There was a typo

I cannot help you in terms of telling you how to deal with this error if you do not tell me where you got the loan from. Is this a provincial government Loan? Is it a federal loan? Is it from a bank? Do you see what I'm asking?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We were trying to get a home loan which was not approved yet it was going through underwriting no loan was approved the letter was showing our student loans how much we owe and loan forgiveness. So we can get approved for the home loan

Did the organization that gave you the student loan make the error? Why won't you answer my question about who gave you the student loan?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The name of the company is nel net I got it from my school 10 years ago
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a federal loan I believe

Are you in Canada or the US?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Us

That's why none of this is making sense to me. I am in Canada. And your question was posted on the wrong list. I will ask the site to move it to the US law list.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Could you please clarify why you are being told that your student loan documentation is fraudulent and why you are being told to seek legal advice?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My loan officer and the realtor.

Kindly response to my specific questions. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because there was a typo in the letter and when I scanned it in it didn't scan in stright.

A document not scanning correctly should not equal fraud.

Kindly clarify.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There was also a typo in it what the loan officer is saying it's a big deal. No one has confronted me yet but it's coming on Monday is what I am told.

I am sorry, but I still do not understand what is going on here. So, I will opt out and give another Attorney the opportunity to further assist you.

Best wishes,