Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

I took a car title loan out in Sept of 2014, Jan 1, 2015,

Customer Question

i took a car title loan out in Sept of 2014, Jan 1, 2015, the payment debited from my bank account went from 223 a month to 742.00 a month. loanmart had somehow applied someone elses loan number to my account
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

Have you contacted the loan company about their mistake yet? What, if anything, are they doing to fix the problem? Have you had any additional expenses such as overdraft fees as a result of them taking out much more than they were supposed to?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When confronted by my attorney, as well as the fraud dept @ Fells Fargo, the communication ceased on the part of Loanmart. Not a peep. They ignored requests from my attorney for documents etc. As though they did not have to abide by the law. The industry is not regulated and I believe they have become accustomed to bullying people. As for fixing the problem, that would require admitting a huge mistake. Instead, they kept debiting out 742 bucks from my bank account, until I ran to my bank and showed them the loan number and payment amount was totally different beginning in Jan. I was issued a temporary credit for the unauthorized debit withdrawals. The credits were made final and loanmart stopped communicating.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Does that mean you got all your money back?