Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and handled many cases and trials for consumers.
11068102

Do I have any recourse with a furniture vendor after I sign

Customer Question

Do I have any recourse with a furniture vendor after I sign the form stating that I received the merchandise. Driver wouldn't, couldn't and didn't wait for me to unpack the furniture and inspected for damage. Thank you very much, Ben.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

You can sue. The decision made by the credit card company or Dispute Resolution has nothing to do with your right to bring a lawsuit based on the damage done prior to the delivery.

Whether you chose some kind of enhanced delivery or note you have a right to have your items delivered without them being damaged.

The only issue could be if you signed a receipt stating there was no damage as opposed to just signing a general receipt.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I really don't have any idea just what the paper stated other than the fact that the driver told me to sign for the delivery of merchandise and left
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

You can find that out in the lawsuit. If you signed it saying nothing was wrong they will bring it up and then you will have to explain that you didn't read it and the judge will decide whether or not he believes it.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

If your question has been answered completely then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread.