Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney
66887675

My dad quit deeded me part of s property in Michigan back in

Customer Question

my dad quit deeded me part of his property in Michigan back in 1995(?), the company wouldn't bring the home out stating that if I defaulted on my payments by law they could not take the home back because the property was not legally mine so I asked for my money back..long story short they told me no find someone else to take the credit , I decided to move out of state so I transferred the credit to dad he was in florida and wanted to stay back in Michigan in summer...they took a long time to finance him so I asked for the deposit back...the company went into bankruptcy twice within 5 years. we went to court 5 or 6 times..they were lost in the wind...the money has finally been received from the company and is sitting in uaw legal office who states the money is in probate and has to be divided between my siblings cause both my parents are now deceased..my siblings did not give me one cent toward my downpayment..how do I get my money back
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 1 year ago.

What you would need to do is file a claim against the estate as a creditor seeking your specific downpayment. This would cause your downpayment to be separated from the estate and directly transferred back to you. You can fill out the attached form to begin your claims process: http://courts.mi.gov/Administration/SCAO/Forms/courtforms/probate/pc579.pdf